A website where you'll find preview and public access editions of Rich's writings.
To purchase books or materials, click HERE.
This version was posted on 13 June, 2010 and remains in effect until supplanted.
We (Rich and associates) offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information. In order to provide services, we may collect the following types of information:
II. Information You Provide: When you use any of our websites and request contact or a service that requires information, we may ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password) that we deem necessary to provide the requested service or offer the requested contact. For certain services, such as a store purchase, we request credit card or other payment account information which is maintained in encrypted form in secure systems. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of service.
IV. User Communication: When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain such communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting our rights or property and that of our other users; and
- Developing new services.
We processes personal information on hosted servers in the United States of America. In some cases, our hosts may process personal information on servers outside of your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
VIII. Information sharing: We only share personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
1. If we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
3. If we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ourselves, our company, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
5. If we share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement, such information will not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
X. Accessing and Updating Personal Information: When you use our services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
When we receive formal written complaints regarding privacy matters or personal information, it is our policy to directly contact the complaining user regarding those concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be otherwise resolved.
COPPA Compliance: We (RichWritings.com and all other associated websites) do not knowingly collect or store any personal information, even in aggregate, about children under the age of 13.
Technology on the Internet is developing at a rapid pace, and we need to maintain our flexibility in the online arena. If we need to change our policy in the future, we will post these changes as soon as they go into effect.
Click here to return to the Home page.
Please let me know if you have comments about or corrections for this web site.
This website and its contents are Intellectual Property - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED! 2010 by Rich Van Winkle